Belarusian Paritetbank sent a package of documents to the national Bank of Ukraine for agreement to purchase 100% of shares of Sberbank of Russia (Ukraine). This is stated in the message Bank of Belarus.

“The decision on acquisition of Sberbank of Russia (Ukraine) was adopted by the Supervisory Board of OJSC Paritetbank on the results of the analysis of the possible ways of development of the Bank. The management of JSC Paritetbank the appreciation potential of Sberbank of Russia (Ukraine) in the context of the goals and challenges faced by management to develop the banking business”, – is told in the message.

OJSC Paritetbank – 15-th Bank of the Republic of Belarus in terms of assets, was founded in 1991. The main shareholder – the Republic of Belarus (of 99.83%), the rest of 0.17% of the shares are owned by more than 2500 individuals.

As the newspaper notes Finclub, Paritetbank is not the first time POPs up among the contenders for the Ukrainian savings Bank, which is actively trying to sell the Russian Sberbank.

In June 2017 was announced that investment company VP Capital owned by Belarusian IT-entrepreneur Victor Procaine, wants to buy the savings Bank, but not directly, but through Paritetbank. It was planned that Victor Prokopenya buys Belarus Bank for $50 million, and then Paritetbank will apply to the purchase of Ukrainian savings Bank.

In early July, the NBU received the documents, and in August, a businessman withdrew the application.

Prokopenya Victor was business partner said Gutseriev, who along with Gregory by Guselnikov and owned by him Norvik Banka would like to buy Sberbank. But the national Bank to these entities in July refused to approve the transaction.

In September, the Deputy head of the NBU Kateryna Rozhkova said: “One potential buyer has submitted a letter of intent to buy the savings Bank. This is a non-resident. Documents not submitted”.




Belarus wants to buy from the Russians, the Ukrainian savings Bank 22.12.2017

Share this news

Share to Google Plus
Share to LiveJournal
Share to Odnoklassniki