The trilateral contact group (TAG) at today’s meeting in Minsk, the latest in 2017 – agreed to an indefinite ceasefire in the Donbass from 00:00 on 23 December 2017. About this in his Facebook reported the press Secretary of the Ukrainian representative in the TAG Leonid Kuchma Darka olifer.

“The trilateral contact group, involving representatives ORDO, stresses the need to ensure peace and tranquility in connection with the upcoming Christmas holidays and taking advantage of previous agreements and obligations of the parties, in particular, confirms their commitment to the comprehensive, sustainable and indefinite cease-fire beginning at midnight on 23 December 2017 Kyiv time”, – she wrote.

In addition, the participants reiterated the desire to fulfill the obligations to release before the holidays detained persons in accordance with the previously reached agreements and put forward a “joint commitment to the full implementation of the Minsk agreements,” said olifer.

According to her, in Minsk, Ukraine has expressed outrage at the unilateral decision of Russia to withdraw from the JCCC, as he considers the move “a breach of the obligations of the Russian Federation, which she undertook in the framework of the Normandy format and Minsk process”.

“This decision significantly increases the risks of conflict escalation represents a threat to the security of SMM OSCE on the territory ORDO. As a party to the conflict, the Russian Federation bears full responsibility for further development of the situation and security of observers of the OSCE SMM in Ukraine uncontrolled part of Donbass”, – said olifer.

Read also: Russia has gone from JCCC before Marchuk pointed to the detail in the report of the OSCE

Press Secretary Kuchma added that Ukraine will continue its work at JCCC in the usual format, in cooperation with the OSCE mission, and will do anything for the safety of the observers.

As noted olifer, Russia’s actions led to the aggravation of the security situation in the Donbass.

“The continuous regime of silence is missing from NVF ORDO there is a worrying trend towards the resumption of shelling of settlements. On December 19 at the zaytsevo were fired 20 rockets of MLRS BM-21 Grad, and December 18 Novoluganskoe – 40 rocket rounds,” she said.

Also olifer announced that the humanitarian sub-group the Minsk process met in Skype mode on 18 December. “Work on the release of the hostages continues 24/7,” added the press Secretary of Leonid Kuchma.

18 December 2017, Russia has stated that it withdraws its military from JCCC in the Donbass. The occupant country has also accused Ukraine of “creating serious difficulties in the work of the centre”.

19 Dec Ukrainian and Russian JCCC officers left the temporarily occupied areas of Donbass. On the same day, representatives of the armed forces went from Ukraine to Russia.

See also: Why the Kremlin withdrew its military from JCCC in the Donbass




In Minsk agreed on a holiday truce in the Donbass 20.12.2017

Share this news

Share to Google Plus
Share to LiveJournal
Share to Odnoklassniki