The American Academy of motion picture arts and Sciences announced the shortlist of contenders for the Oscar award in the category “Best foreign language film”. A list of nine paintings published on the website of the award.
In the shortlist included:
– “A fantastic woman” (directed by Sebastian Lelio, Chile);
– “To the limit” (Fatih akin, Germany);
– “Body and soul” (Ildiko Enyedi, Hungary);
– “Foxtrot” (Samuel Maoz, Israel);
“Insult” (Ziad Duari, Lebanon);
– “Dislike” (Andrey Zvyagintsev, Russia);
– “Felicite” (Alain Gomis, Senegal);
– “Wound” (John Trengove, South Africa);
– “Square” (Ruben Östlund, Sweden).
See also: Slovakia nominated for an Oscar filmed in conjunction with the Ukrainian film
Five of the Oscar nominees from among these films will be announced on 23 January 2018.
Initially, in the category “Best foreign language film” was 92 films.
Jubilee 90th awards ceremony Oscar will take place in Hollywood on March 4, 2018 (early morning on March 5, Kyiv time).
From Ukraine for the Oscar in the category “Best foreign language film” claimed the film Director Valentine Vasyanovich “black Level”.