Today, September 12, the Minister of energy and coal industry of Ukraine Igor Nasalik has signed a new Charter of NEK Ukrenergo. About it reports a press-service of the company.
“The new Charter – the beginning of the reform of corporate governance, the first phase of which envisages the creation of the defense independent Supervisory Board with the full range of powers, some of which were in the competence of the Ministry”, – stated in the message.
In particular, the Supervisory Board:
– coordinate the projects of the strategic development plans, annual financial plans Ukrenergo;
– appoints and dismisses Director of Ukrenergo;
– establishes the performance indicators of the Director with the objectives of the activities of the company;
– evaluates the performance of the Director;
– conducts internal audit activities of the company;
– forms of anti-corruption policy and a policy of corporate social responsibility;
– selects an external independent auditor.
The Supervisory Board Ukrenergo will consist of seven members, four of whom must meet the independence criteria. The members of the Supervisory Board will be selected in open competitions. The term of office of Supervisory Board members will be three years.
The personal composition of the Supervisory Board is approved by the Ministry on the results of the decision on the appointment in it of representatives of the state and selection process of independent members of the authority.
“After the formation of the Supervisory Board Ukrenergo will be the enterprise which will be carried out according to generally accepted international principles of the Organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD) and the requirements of the Third energy package of the EU”, – noted in the company.
Earlier, the head of company Vsevolod Kovalchuk said that the power system of Ukrenergo technically ready for the autumn-winter period 2017-2018.